IPF 4.0 comes with some major changes that must be considered when upgrading from IPF 3.7.
- IPF 4.0 requires Java 11. No, it won’t work with Java 8.
3rd party library changes
- Most notably, Camel has been upgraded to version 3.7.x. Please consult the Camel migration guide for details. “Normal” usage of Camel routes should not be affected, but functionality has been moved to individual Camel modules and there have been various package changes.
- Ehcache was updated to 3.x. If you have used this as transitive dependency, be aware of the changed API in Ehcache.
Other notable changes
- It is not possible anymore to map a string using the
String.mapReverseXXX()metaclass extensions (where
XXXis the mapping key). Use
FhirConsumer#testdoes not expect the FHIR resource but an instance of
Deprecations in IPF 4.0
- The Vert.x audit message senders have been deprecated
Removal of deprecated functionality in IPF 3.7
Deprecated modules in 3.7 have been removed
Deprecated methods in 3.7 have been removed