The Open eHealth Integration Platform (IPF) provides interfaces for health-care related integration solutions. An prominent example of an healthcare-related use case of IPF is the implementation of interfaces for transactions specified in Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profiles.
IPF is built upon and extends the Apache Camel routing and mediation engine. It comes with comprehensive support for message processing and connecting systems in the eHealth domain. IPF provides domain-specific languages (DSLs) for implementing Enterprise Integration Patterns in general-purpose as well as healthcare-specific integration solutions.
IPF code is Open Source and licensed under Apache license.
The current version of IPF is 4.4.0
See the list of fixed Github issues for an overview:
- Fixes for 4.4.0
- Fixes for 4.3.2
- Fixes for 4.3.1
- Fixes for 4.3.0
- Fixes for 4.2.0
- Fixes for 4.1.0
- Fixes for 4.0.0
- Fixes for 3.7.2
- Fixes for 3.7.1
- Fixes for 3.7.0
- Fixes for 3.6.5
- Fixes for 3.6.4
- Fixes for 3.6.3
- Fixes for 3.6.2
- Fixes for 3.6.1
- Fixes for 3.6.0
- Fixes for 3.5.4
- Fixes for 3.5.3
- Fixes for 3.5.2
- Fixes for 3.5.1
- Fixes for 3.5
IPF 4.x supports Java 11 and up, as well as Camel 3.x. Major new features will be developed primarily for IPF 4.
IPF 3.7.x is the last branch that supports Java 8 and Camel 2.x. We will support this branch for some more patch releases to support the folks that are not able (yet) to upgrade to a recent JDK.
If you are using previous versions of IPF and want to update:
- IPF 4.4 has reimplemented IHE MLLP component. Read the 4.4 Update Instructions for how to update from earlier versions
- IPF 4.x is not backwards-compatible with IPF 3.x. However, there is most likely not much to be changed, and this is mostly due to the JDK and Camel upgrades. Read the 4.0 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.7.x
- IPF 3.7.x comes with a few minor changes. Read the 3.7 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.6.x
Older update instructions
- Read the 3.6 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.5.x
- Read the 3.5 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.4.x
- Read the 3.4 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.3.x
- Read the 3.2 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.1.x
- Read the 3.1 Update Instructions for how to update from IPF 3.0.x
- Read the Migration Instructions for how to migrate a IPF 2.x-based integration solution to IPF 3.0
The javadocs can be obtained here.